And here are the actual Rules for the Site Dec 31, 2016 19:57:54 GMT -5
Post by Cho Chang on Dec 31, 2016 19:57:54 GMT -5
The out of character rules must be followed, otherwise you will either be banned from the site, or the staff will receive a warning or two about your behavior, depending on the rule. If you continue to break rules, your warning level will build up, until you become banned. However, the in character rules are guidelines, and may be edited as you wish, but ONLY if you are a GM. Each GM may have their own in character rules; however, all out of character rules are still applied when interacting with the actual people themselves.
Out of Character Rules:
In Character Rules:
Out of Character Rules:
- No same sex romances in roleplays or anywhere on the site. If you are LBGT+, and/or same sex pro, you are still welcome here, as long as you follow these rules. Us Admins are Christian, and we would love to have you here, but we cannot support what you may be doing, as God tells us that this is a sin. If you feel oppressed, or would just like to have a community which supports this, I would recommend checking out the NaNoWriMo forums (National Novel Writing Month), or cricketmagkids.com/chatterbox. Both are great sites, and you should look into them. They both have roleplays, and threads for support.
- NO SWEARING. The only swear words which are allowed are heck, dang, and darn. Also, the not-actual-swear-word Ohmigandalf. (Kudos to Katy) If you are caught using any of the "illegal" words, you will be banned. Not even blanked out letters (***) are allowed, whether or not they have a letter inside of them.
- Everything on this site must be kept PG-13, fantasy violence only. (XD) I'm serious, though.
- No personal information, please. The only personal information which is allowed is first name, last initial. You may also post what time zone you live in, but not state or city. Remember, this is for your own safety!
- Be nice and polite to everyone! No bullying or threatening.
- No spamming. This includes topping/bumping. Just do it once, and then wait, or request a staff member or GM to bump it for you.
- If you are found reporting someone for no good reason, other than just the fact that you want to, then you will be banned. You may report someone for a reason which is not included here. An Admin or Mod will consider adding it to the rules first, though, and use their best judgement. However, you risk banning yourself if the reason is considered too outrageous.
In Character Rules:
- No God-Modding without the owner of the charrie's permission. God-Modding means using a charrie which is not your own when roleplaying. Most will allow a small bit, such as just mentioning a charrie's name. However, before using another charrie to converse in a lengthy conversation with your own, it is customary to ask permission of the owner first.
- No Overpowered/Metagaming charries. This means, no have a level five hundred bounty hunter who knows everything abut both the Rebels and the Empire, and can shoot anything from fifty miles away with a blaster pistol. It doesn't work. Trust me, I've seen him before. I wasn't impressed.
- Use proper grammar! It makes it easier for everyone to read, and it's easier to understand, too!
- To help move the plot along, please try to write a couple of paragraphs, rather than just a sentence at a time. Some of us are only able to get on in large chunks of time, and this makes it easier for all, and it doesn't take too much more time, either.
- The password is raindrop. Message a member of the staff, so that they know you have read the rules. Now, if you would please finish them, we would be ever so much more pleased.
- Charries may only have appropriate romances. Descriptions of love (kissing, Han-Leia banter, etc.) are allowed, as long as they are PG. This is the only other (see OCR #1) In Character rule which will result in banishment if not followed.
- If you would like to become a GM, you may petition to become one. You have to at least have reached the rank Padawan, or are already a member of the staff, in order to petition, as GMs are considered staff members. Otherwise, your petition will be ignored.
- GMs may only have up to two RPs at a time. If a GM is found with more than that at anytime, then their GM privileges will be removed.
- Don't worry -- two different GMs can create an RP in the same world. However, two different GMs may not, for example, each have a Ranger's Apprentice roleplay, each during the series.
- All Gamemasters are responsible for the content in their roleplays. If a roleplay is found which is not in compliance with the site rules, the GM's privileges will be revoked, the roleplay will be shut down, and if any members in the roleplay are found participating in a way contrary to the rules will receive a warning.
- GMs may accept and reject charries according to their own standards, as long as they are in accordance with the site rules.
- You may request to become a Moderator, but be warned, I will not even think about recruiting you unless you have reached the rank of Jedi, have no warnings, and have proven yourself to be a dedicated member. Here, I and Merenwe will be the only Admins, so don't even ask.
- Moderators will be tasked with certain sections of the site, e.g. The Worlds: Roleplays. This may change around as the site grows.
- Moderators are not allowed to make any changes to the Rules, or About. If they edit a thread, the reason must be listed, and they must report of any editing on the Mod discussion thread.
- When a member is found in your area who has broken the rules, post on the correct thread on Mod discussion, and fill out the form there. Then you may follow the proper procedures listed on that thread.
- You will be required to list your actions as a Mod each day. (e.g, I moved this thread and deleted this post because of so and so.)
- Whenever you do an action as a Mod, post (Moderating) just so at the beginning. That way, it will be clear when you're just roleplaying, and when you're just doing your job.
- If a Mod is found breaking the rules, then protocol will be followed as normal, but will also include temporary or permanent relinquishment of your duties as a Mod.